POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum : Re: Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum Server Time
5 May 2024 06:01:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Doctor John - FieldCam conundrum
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Nov 2020 02:27:32
Message: <5fb76fe4@news.povray.org>
Op 19/11/2020 om 12:30 schreef Bald Eagle:

> Thanks, Thomas.
> I'm glad that it seems that I've mostly solved the issue - at least for all of
> the use cases you've tested.
> I still have a feeling that there's a bit more to be done, and somehow VCorr
> _may_ be needed in there.
> It's not very noticeable from far away, you need steep viewing angles to see
> what I mean.

I agree with you. One of the things which still puzzles me is that there
seems also to be a slight zoom effect, mostly noticiably in cloud
patterns for instance in the background. Maybe that is what you observe.
However, for the time being, the macro is more useful than it was.

I shall put version 4.0 of the macro in povray.binaries,utilities.

--
Thomas