POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVEarth still far away... : Re: POVEarth still far away... Server Time
16 May 2024 01:09:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVEarth still far away...
From: Alain Martel
Date: 3 Aug 2020 10:36:25
Message: <5f2820e9$1@news.povray.org>

> Hi(gh)!
>
> I now have run mesh2writer.pov in various RAM configurations including
> only one 4 GB strip or one 8 GB strip in slot 1 - but always I got the
> memory access error in the 22nd outer iteration (at 1000 by 1000 data
> points; the number of the inner iteration varies wildly!) of the last
> nested loop:
>
> #if (!(tilename="n80e014" | tilename="n80e016" | tilename="n80e017"))

> <(0.5+b)*(1/(xdim-1)), (0.5+a)*(1/(ydim-1)), 1>);

> 1, 7),">\n"))

> #end
>
> // end of code
>
> I just can't figure out what should be wrong with this code - or is it
> just a bug in POV-Ray 3.7?
>
> See you in Khyberspace!
>
> Yadgar

Given that the error happens during a write operation to the disk, I
suspect that the actual error may be related to disk access issue rather
than a RAM issue.
What is the size of the file when the error happens and how much disk
space is available?
How the current file size relate to your cluster size ?

Try creating a dummy file before the run. For example, save a small
image of about 8 to 10K. Does that cause the timing of the error to change ?

Alain