POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e : Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e Server Time
26 Apr 2024 17:06:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. f6b1c13e
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 31 Jul 2020 12:55:21
Message: <5f244cf9$1@news.povray.org>
Le 31/07/2020 à 16:40, jr a écrit :
> hi,

>> Is it possible, and is there a security issue related to providing a means to
>> create a subdirectory in a write-permitted directory?
>>
>> #write creates a file.  Can we create a directory by a similar means?
>> Just something to think about.
>
> have been thinking about (wishing for) for a 'system()' type function for a long
> time.  but reading the above made me realise that a modified '#fopen' which
> supports command pipelines, aided by a new OPEN_TYPE for r/w access could do
> "everything" anyway.  then we could write, eg:
>
> #fopen FP "| program" rdwr
>
> to communicate with 'program', making creating a directory, all sorts of stuff,
> easy and convenient.  for instance write some calculated parameters to 'program'
> and read back new, derived values.

"Danger Will Robinson"

This could lead to some system corruption... A reason that there is
already io-restrictions: to protect the innocent.

You already have "shell-out" capability, with pre & post, scene & frame
level, so grouping actions should be doable to have all you need.

http://wiki.povray.org/content/Reference:Shell_Command_Options