POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : whither POV-Ray ?? : Re: whither POV-Ray ?? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: whither POV-Ray ??
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Jul 2020 19:51:23
Message: <5f1e16fb@news.povray.org>
Sorry for top posting. I was going to reply inline but I think it would
be messy.

I'm not going to get involved with the debate with "Adorable Jim" and
JR. Not my style.

> There people generally answer "but Blender's interface is awkward". THESE DAYS ARE
OVER. They did a complete rewrite for version 2.5 and yet another complete rewrite for
version 2.8

And they broke the OBJ file importer when they did.
I am looking into doing manual repairs to the objects in Blender. I’ve
had some success with the transparency problems. Next on the list is a
UV mapping problem with the importer. Then I can contact the OBJ
importer's developers.

Most of my time recently, has been spent testing Blender’s Stop Motion
addon. Which uses the OBJ importer to import a sequence of meshes, one
per frame. Version 2.1.0 is working as advertised.

Then I am going back to work on Poser trying to get Bullet Physics to
introduce a Breast jiggle into animated meshes. A willy wobble too. ;)

> Persistence of Vision became something worth defending for the common good of all
the digital world:

It certainly is.

https://trends.google.fr/trends/explore?date=all&q=%2Fm%2F0150lk,%2Fm%2F0l1qq,%2Fm%2F041kyp,%2Fm%2F06bpry,%2Fm%2F0dmyvh

--