POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : whither POV-Ray ?? : Re: whither POV-Ray ?? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 17:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: whither POV-Ray ??
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 26 Jul 2020 16:30:01
Message: <5f1de7c9@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 05:24:30 -0400, jr wrote:

> yes, the site(s) will have to comply with Australian (?) data protection
> law,
> one assumes.

Given the international nature of the community, GDPR may also be a
consideration.  That's one of the big challenges these days with data
protection laws.

I'm not a lawyer, but that *might* be an argument for not requiring
authentication - because then the users aren't submitting any PII unless
they choose to (it's not 'required' - nobody ever considers that the
submitted data doesn't need to be true, though, and the laws generally
don't account for that).