POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : whither POV-Ray ?? : Re: whither POV-Ray ?? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:19:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: whither POV-Ray ??
From: Chris Cason
Date: 25 Jul 2020 20:42:46
Message: <5f1cd186$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/07/2020 06:24, Jim Henderson wrote:
> because of some technical product expertise I had, and the sponsored
> account status meant that I didn't pay the by-the-minute charges that
> CompuServe charged.

Compuserve charges were exorbitant over here in AU (about USD $35/hr). I
didn't have an offline reader when I started hanging around GO GRAPHDEV
reading messages and downloading images and for the first few months I
felt like was helping fund their CEO's new Ferrari.

I got OzCis which helped a bit but even then with only a 14.4k modem I
had to be wary of what binaries I downloaded (or uploaded), which is
likely the primary reason I don't have a full archive of all the images
from the early Compuserve days.

-- Chris