POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : whither POV-Ray ?? : Re: whither POV-Ray ?? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 19:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: whither POV-Ray ??
From: Chris Cason
Date: 25 Jul 2020 20:25:23
Message: <5f1ccd73@news.povray.org>
On 25/07/2020 22:57, jr wrote:
> when the server is finally updated, maybe there will be an opportunity to change
> policy, and require a valid email address when registering to post to this site.
>  not an unreasonable (or uncommon) requirement.

If we keep the NNTP server after the move (which is likely I think) then
it's possible I will implement something along those lines. I'll mention
however that this doesn't mean the email address has to be displayed
publicly (I don't think any forums do that by default). Those who post
in our forums here with valid email addresses visible are doing so by
choice.

-- Chris