POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : whither POV-Ray ?? : Re: whither POV-Ray ?? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:12:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: whither POV-Ray ??
From: Thorsten
Date: 4 Jul 2020 13:46:07
Message: <5f00c05f@news.povray.org>
On 04.07.2020 14:36, Bald Eagle wrote:
> Chris Cason<del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg>  wrote:
>> I was going to post a long reply but have come to the conclusion that
>> really it doesn't matter how we got to this point, what matters is where
>> we go.
 >
> Personally, yes.  With regard to the evolution of the code; however, the_how_
> of that is relevant and integral to understanding problems and formulating
> solutions.  We need context.

I think the first thing to understand is that the code and the language
are the way they are by design, and that design makes a real lot of
sense if you take a serious and not a superficial look. And yes, even
the scoping makes a real lot of sense. As do the limitations. All this
has to be viewed in the context of the times most of the code was
developed at.

I can't talk for Chris, but I do (usually) check the newsgroups once a
week, and can explain a few things here and there. I have been around
from 3.1 to 3.7 release cycles after all.

Thorsten