POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Function / pattern issues. Povr supertoroid parametric. : Re: Function / pattern issues. Povr supertoroid parametric. Server Time
17 May 2024 23:43:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function / pattern issues. Povr supertoroid parametric.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 15 Jun 2020 06:40:37
Message: <5ee75025$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/14/20 8:48 AM, Mr wrote:
> William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>> Herein documenting better povr code for it which runs about four times
>> faster.
>>
>> The new povr code looks like:
>
> Is there a way to play with this povr branch? I could'nt find it on github or
> online....

Not yet. I'm still changing up how things are structured while working
on new/changed functionality. Povr will be just the core code and work
only on unix like systems - which probably makes it of no use to you?

Already much of the windows stuff is gone. The html documentation, scene
fies are no longer part of povr. All the windows libraries that make the
existing repository so large are gone.

The include directory I plan to severely prune, but I'll keep the
include files which are closely code related. Includes like
functions.inc, math.inc etc will stay. Things like colors.inc etc and
anything else in there not current with v38 will not be part of the core
povr repository.

I believe even in POV-Ray we should move to a code repository model
which is much less monolithic. A github repository for scene files, one
for documentation, one for includes and one for the code.

I want to get rid of the ini system and move to just flags. Dump the
inbuilt benchmark. And much more.

Long winded way of saying I'm not yet ready to initialize a new
repository in my own space which I could post on github.

A possibility I guess would be posting a tar ball here on the newsgroups
in the short term which folks could build themselves.

Bill P.