POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Nature beyond : Nature beyond Server Time
6 May 2024 04:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Nature beyond
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Jun 2020 03:25:32
Message: <5edb44ec@news.povray.org>
It has been some time since I last posted an image. Here is my latest,
showing a remote corner on Earth, far from humanity.

The landscape was modelled with the latest version of World Machine,
including the landscape map generated by the program. This last is nice
from a distance; close up it appears too coarse but can be used then as
a basis for further texture reworking.

As a sea, I used Jaime Vives Piqueres' sea macros
(http://www.ignorancia.org/index.php/galleries/old-images/sea-buoy/), to
which I added the foam, based on work by Marc Jacquier
(http://www.povcomp.com/entries/174.php) and Tekno Frannansa (aka Tek).
It is not yet entirely satisfying and needs more work.

The clouds are based on code my Mick Hazelgrove and Juha Leppälä. The
cloud cover is quite thick: 1000 POV-units.

The frolicking sperm whales were found somewhere on the net.

The sea gulls are models by Mick Hazelgrove (see: The Preacher:
http://hof.povray.org/4b.html)

The sky and landscape rendered quite fast, less than 15 minutes. The sea
however took much longer: about a dozen hours more or less. I did that
in several, successive, sessions.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message