POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Mapping Textures on irregular shapes : Re: Mapping Textures on irregular shapes Server Time
5 May 2024 13:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mapping Textures on irregular shapes
From: Alain Martel
Date: 26 Apr 2020 10:57:13
Message: <5ea5a149$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2020-04-24 à 23:21, Josh a écrit :

> Yes, I figured out more with textures and I agree, the textures should be
> straightforward. Does anyone have ideas about how to make more complex geometry?
> It's not too hard to add noise3d to a basic shape, but any ideas about how to
> (programmatically?) create more of those complex rough rocky geometries? Thanks
> to everyone for the help.
>
> Josh

An isosurface sphere with some noise added.
With
#include "function.inc"
Possible noise sources : f_noise3d, granite, agate,...

sample code :
#declare R=seed(1);
function{
   f_sphere(x,y,z,1)
   +f_noise3d(x*10+rand(R),y*10+rand(R),z*10+rand(R))
   -f_agate(x*5+rand(R),y*5+rand(R),z*5+rand(R))
}

If you define and place 20 isosurfaces using that function in your
scene, they will all be different.