POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVEarth: Norway, Svalbard, Moffen Island : Re: POVEarth: Norway, Svalbard, Moffen Island Server Time
15 May 2024 02:26:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVEarth: Norway, Svalbard, Moffen Island
From: Jörg "Yadgar" Bleimann
Date: 5 Apr 2020 17:04:51
Message: <5e8a47f3$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 04.04.20 11:26, jr wrote:

> I'd be willing to process the odd slice/tile data, _but_, since I have no
> interest in the data itself (only in "community support" :-)), I would not want
> to register etc.  my suggestion is that you'll organise the whole thing a little
> like SETI or Folding@Home, that is, I'd go to your website and find an archive
> with the necessary POV-Ray, sed, etc scripts, and a form where I'd enter (with
> email) a request for one slice/tile, and receive, by return, either the data
> attached or, preferably, a link so I can 'wget' the file.  added advantage would
> be no inadvertent duplication of work.

Did I understand you correctly so far that you want me to set up the
https://gnadlib.wordpress.com/2020/04/05/fahrrad/webspace in a way that
POV-Ray immediately can access the original data files on the server
(remote file access in POV-Ray? Must be a new feature in 3.7 which
escaped my attention until now...) and process them?

This probably would not be possible, as 2 TB additional webspace is at
the upper limit I can afford - and the original files come as *.zip from
the NASA server...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Focus III - Answers? Questions! Questions? Answers! (Focus)