POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : no_image ignored in nested (difference > union > object) CSG member : Re: no_image ignored in nested (difference > union > object)CSGmember Server Time
29 Apr 2024 04:37:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no_image ignored in nested (difference > union > object)CSGmember
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 29 Mar 2020 11:44:19
Message: <5e80c253$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/25/20 8:05 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:

> I've got a little buzzer going off that somewhere in the last few years
> Christoph responded to someone hitting a particular hollow issue with it
> propagating or not as desired. I'll try and find that post.

On my initial search I couldn't find anything, but just now, while
creating a list of github issues and pull requests my cut down POV-Ray
addresses or fixes, I ran across:

object hierarchy changes hollow set flag #307

  https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/issues/307

For reference. Looks like whether and how hollow works or not is change
v36 to v37 and complicated. Avoiding propagation through CSG still seems
to me the safest bet.

Bill P.