POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Buying a new Win 10 computer any advice? : Re: Buying a new Win 10 computer any advice? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 06:49:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Buying a new Win 10 computer any advice?
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 24 Jan 2020 17:12:55
Message: <5e2b6be7$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/22/2020 3:20 PM, rastertastic wrote:
> I'm about to buy a new home computer, does Povray usually work with Windows 10
> (home or pro) out of the box? Is there anything particular I should watch out?
>
> I don't have much time to play with Povray but I keep coming back to it so it
> would be a bummer if I couldn't use it on a new machine.

One thing you should do is log in as admin to install POV-Ray. Do not
use "Run as..." or "Run as Administrator" (unlike nearly every other
Windows software). You need to actually log out of your regular user
account and log in as admin.

I also suggest putting the include files in the Public user folder.

Michael