POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Bright Spot : Re: Bright Spot Server Time
2 May 2024 21:54:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bright Spot
From: Alain Martel
Date: 22 Dec 2019 13:21:07
Message: <5dffb413$1@news.povray.org>
Le 2019-12-21 à 20:14, AndreyG a écrit :
> Thank you for your explanation Thomas,
>
> So you are saying in real life if I place glass perpendicularly to Sun rays and
> camera axis will be perpendicular to glass surface there always be reflection?
> (Can not do experiment it is raining for a week in Vancouver! :).

In the case where the Sun reflect in the glass, you will have a very
bright spot, even with the light coming from the Sun is essentially
parallel.
The result will be similar to your render, just a much brighter spot.

> I am total newbe with Povray trying to make sense of it.
> I have another question can not grasp.
> I make simplest geometry: camera and spotlight.
> Spotlight points at camera, camera looks at spotlight.
> For whatever reason camera does not see the light.
> https://imgur.com/a/xeJ3Ykm
> Can't find what i am doing wrong.

You did not do anything wrong. The lights are not actual objects, just
locations from where light come from. You can NEVER see any light directly.

If you want to have something visible at the light's location, you need
to place an actual object there. The «looks_like» feature does exactly that.
The origin of a looks_like object is the associated light's location,
not the scene's origin.
That object have an automatic no_shadow attribute.

Alain