POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to make film projector cone/spotlight : Re: How to make film projector cone/spotlight Server Time
3 May 2024 01:05:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make film projector cone/spotlight
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Dec 2019 02:35:58
Message: <5df9d6de$1@news.povray.org>
Op 18/12/2019 om 00:50 schreef tmelram:
> Hi, I'm trying to create a movie projector and have it project an image onto
> onto other surfaces. I'd also like to have a cone shape volumetric effect for
> the dust in the air near the projector. How would I go about this in POV Ray?

Just thinking aloud, I would suggest to try the following:

1) use a spot light
2) as an image, use a plane/box intersection with an appropriate
image_map, using some transparency
3) test how this projects upon a white screen (thin box or equivalent);
probably not good enough (see below)
4) for dust in the air, use an isotropic scattering media

I don't know how this would work out, especially the projection on the
screen. You might probably need to add/construct a lens with an
appropriate interior and especially ior.

--
Thomas