POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: Through the Eyes of a Child - Christmas 2019 release : Re: Through the Eyes of a Child - Christmas 2019 release Server Time
26 Apr 2024 07:12:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Through the Eyes of a Child - Christmas 2019 release
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 12 Dec 2019 16:59:45
Message: <5df2b851$1@news.povray.org>
Am 12/12/19 1:59 PM, also sprach jr:

> (very US of A.  you enter an empty house and find the TV is on.  :-))

One of my defining moments:

I was living in Zürich.  One night my native buddy and I were out.  We
stopped at Wang Labs, his old job, where apparently the janitor was the
big hash dealer.  He left me in the car and proceeded to wander around a
14 story building looking for the dude.  After, oh, 45 minutes, I was
cold and I turned on the car for some heat (Zürich in winter).  About
that time he came out and started yelling at me.

Markus: "Only an *American* would run a car when it's not going anywhere!"
Me: "It's fucking cold!"
Him: "That's why there's a blanket in the back!  They're not making any
more dinosaurs. And you're polluting the air for no reason!"

So, "they're not making any more dinosaurs" became one of my mantras.  I
turn my car off in line at the McDonald's drive-thru.

--
dik
Rendered 49,882,521,600 of 49,882,521,600 pixels (100%)