POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : versions : versions Server Time
3 May 2024 05:32:06 EDT (-0400)
  versions
From: Dick Balaska
Date: 25 Oct 2019 11:18:38
Message: <5db3124e$1@news.povray.org>
Speaking of POV-Ray versions, what version are y'all using?

I see several tags in git,
v3.8.0-x.tokenizer.* (2019-01-02)
v3.8.0-x.freetype.2 (2019-02-19)
and
v3.8.0-alpha.10064268 (2019-02-18)

Is the tokenizer stable?  I was waiting for clipka to merge that before
importing it into qtpovray, but he seems to have wandered off into RL.

Cousin Ricky says the '268 version doesn't build out of the box.

I wished we'd cut a 3.8.0 release when we were oh-so-close 2 years ago.
There were a bunch of new features over 3.7 and it was pretty stable.
My plan was to release qtpovray to the debian pool when 3.8 happened,
but it looks like now an actual 3.8 release is a dream.

-
dik
Rendered 17306265600 of 40928716800 pixels (42%)