POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRAY.ORG is 25 years old today : Re: POVRAY.ORG is 25 years old today Server Time
18 May 2024 14:22:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRAY.ORG is 25 years old today
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Aug 2019 02:43:45
Message: <5d5a4521$1@news.povray.org>
Op 18/08/2019 om 15:22 schreef Chris Cason:
> It was 25 years ago today (18 August 1994) that I registered the
> POVRAY.ORG domain.

Congratulations! And thanks for that years-long dedication to POV-Ray. I
don't think there are many projects that have survived so long without
failing. I came to know POV-Ray around 1997 iirc, looking for a serious
raytracer (I started with Breeze Designer) and I have been hooked ever
since, also thanks to the enthusiasm of the POV-Ray team and - last but
not least - that of the many users. I have always been struck by the
particularly friendly atmosphere of these newsgroups and the ready
helping hands willingly extended. Without forgetting to mention the
great art that was generated thanks to POV-Ray!

Even if activity has slowed down lately, I sincerely wish a healthful
next 25 years to POV-Ray. Up to the 50th anniversary! (even if I shall
not live to see that one) :-)

--
Thomas