POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Cloud Rendering : Re: POV-Ray Cloud Rendering Server Time
18 May 2024 05:05:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Cloud Rendering
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 4 Aug 2019 07:47:54
Message: <5d46c5ea$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/3/19 4:42 PM, jr wrote:
> hi,
>
> I wonder whether the 'cpuset' pseudo file system stuff (man section 7) could be
> useful to you.

Maybe. Don't know. Unsure to which tool's man page you are referring
(virsh?). I have been reading about the qemu/libvirt named and host
model capabilities - which look to be tangled.

I'm not actually working at this complexity at the moment. What I'm
trying with VMs currently is to create - again, but statically linked
this time - POV-Ray compiles at various commits in the chain of commits
back to 3.7-stable. I'm still working through compile issues at various
positions in the commit chain within the VMs.

I had a large set of dynamically linked 'commit' modules while on Ubuntu
16.04 - yep, hindsight... I want to have similar capability in 18.04 and
future environments. Being able to do a binary search of the commit
chain makes isolating issues introduced over time much easier.

Bill P.