POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : PC nausea : Re: PC nausea Server Time
2 May 2024 12:47:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PC nausea
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 Aug 2019 06:59:44
Message: <5d46baa0@news.povray.org>
Op 04/08/2019 om 09:30 schreef Mike Horvath:
> I bought some programs from Stardock called Start10 and WindowBlinds.
> They helped a little, but they can only go so deep into the OS.

I guess that the best way is to try to get the OS settings right for
your personal situation. Out of the box, the settings are a bit crude.
Somehow, I do not like very much the HDR aspect of the screen images
presented: colours are too 'violent' or 'contrasted' imo.

> Also, tilting the monitor downward helped a little. Tomorrow I will get
> out my wrench and lower it an inch or so. (It is attached to a set of
> arms.)
>
> Lastly, I odered an IPS monitor which may help prevent the screen from
> 'fading' at oblique angles.

That might certainly help.

I use Win10 on a laptop, so no external screen. I am in the process of
gradually migrating my stuff from the Win7 PC to this new machine. I
still have some adjustments to do where the screen output is concerned.

--
Thomas