POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Compiling UberPOV on Linux : Re: Compiling UberPOV on Linux Server Time
26 Apr 2024 05:51:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling UberPOV on Linux
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 30 May 2019 04:22:50
Message: <5cef92da$1@news.povray.org>
On 5/29/19 6:42 PM, Bill Pragnell wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Been tinkering with UberPOV on Mac for a while (thanks Yvo!) and I find myself
> wanting to also use it on a recent install of Linux Mint. So I cloned it from
> github and followed the unix build instructions, only to find that
> boost/tr1/memory.hpp cannot be found. Some closer investigation reveals that my
> version of boost is 1.65.1, but the TR1 stuff was removed in 1.65.0.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this? Is there an easier way to solve this than
> rolling back my boost version?
>
> Bill

My recollection is that something promised with respect to how headers
would be changed when the boost feature moved into C++ didn't happen as
expected.

There was discussion of the issue at:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/pull/42

and

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3C5a233b19%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

Christoph fixed the issue while looking at:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/issues/317

and it looks like the fix took two commits:

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/commit/1dbca0bad858f5605cc8e3a2629eb0e0dbfbb052

and

https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/commit/a847cb72563f9d9d072ff2f9ef5300b91c8b5839

Perhaps you can steal from some of that work. I'm not aware of anything
'easy,' so to speak, with respect to a fix.

Bill P. (The other...)