POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Brick wall with thick glossy paint : Re: Brick wall with thick glossy paint Server Time
24 May 2024 04:34:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Brick wall with thick glossy paint
From: Alain
Date: 28 May 2019 12:43:43
Message: <5ced653f$1@news.povray.org>

https://www.sketchuptextureclub.com/textures/architecture/bricks/white-bricks/white-bricks-texture-seamless-00526

> Unfortunately, that's not a FOSS image. Does anyone have any suggestions
> on where else to look?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Michael

Have you tried the various tiling patterns options ?

Patterns 1, 4 are for a regular square pattern and pattern 10 looks good
for a brick wall.

I did some tests using tiling as a function for an isosurface and I got
something interesting. Try using a different wave type instead of the
default ramp_wave, like scallop_wave.

Alain