POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visual Studio Code as a Cross-Platform POV-Ray Editor with Integrated Rende= : Re: Visual Studio Code as a Cross-Platform POV-Ray Editor with Integrated Rende= Server Time
24 May 2024 19:37:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visual Studio Code as a Cross-Platform POV-Ray Editor with Integrated Rende=
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 13 May 2019 04:55:29
Message: <5cd93101$1@news.povray.org>

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jmaxwilson/vscode-povray/master/images/vscode-povray-demo.gif

> It works on Windows 10, Mac OS X, and Linux distros supported by VS Code like
> Ubuntu.
>
> Give it a try and let me know what you think.
>
> Download Visual Studio Code:
> https://code.visualstudio.com/
>
> Install the POV-Ray extension:
> https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=jmaxwilson.vscode-povray
>
> ( If you want to use the integrated render feature, you will need to have
> POV-Ray installed and configured to run on the command line, and make sure it
> can be run from any directory by adding it to your PATH. )
>
> Thanks!

I like how in your GIF you can see the list of projects/folders/files on
the left. But our current Windows editor has lots of other stuff that I
am  not sure I can live without. For instance, the command line input
field. The INI drop down list with individual sections. The integration
of the help file (though this is unfortunately broken in the latest
POV-Ray version). And so much other stuff.

Michael