POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : State of Povray 3.8.0 (?) : Re: State of Povray 3.8.0 (?) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: State of Povray 3.8.0 (?)
From: Hj  Malthaner
Date: 5 May 2019 16:59:03
Message: <5ccf4e97@news.povray.org>
On 5/5/19 10:30 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:

> Well, I'm sure clipka or someone else from the dev team will chime in at some
> point with specifics, but 3.8 is still under development with various changes,
> improvements, and new features being tested.

Ah, thanks. For being in development, it sure has amazing stability.
There was one moment when I was wondering about the default scale of the
bricks pattern, but I must admit I was too much in a hurry to check if
it was my fault or if it really changed from 3.7 to 3.8 (I assume it was
my fault)

> The best thing you can do to ensure that it continues on, is bring attention to
> the project, bring new people in, and keep using it and sharing the results by
> posting links, images, and attributions on the web.

Sadly, I'm often laughed at or considered a weirdo in the art groups
where I post my works. PovRay ... I know it as the backend of many tools
and for superb rendering quality. But in the communities it is not known
at all. They all urge me to use Blender. That sure has it's merits too,
but I just grew up with PovRay.

I think I have tagged all images in my blog and on DA with "povray" but
I felt a bit shy to put a more prominent note. My blog certainly has
some links to the povray pages though - just almost no one reads it ;)

I'll try making it more prominent in the notes of my better works.
Thanks for your reply!

--
Some of my PovRay works:
https://www.deviantart.com/antarasol/gallery/42758766/3D