POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New Web Site : Re: New Web Site Server Time
10 May 2024 10:27:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Web Site
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 11 Mar 2019 11:53:24
Message: <5c868474$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 06:57:00 -0400, Mike Horvath wrote:

> I have cpanel and a directory I use for uploading files via FTP. I'm not
> sure I am able to run a cron job on the (shared) server. Not sure how to
> find out if I am able to, too.

If you have shell access, you can set up a cron job for your user - but
pulling the certs on the web server might not be practical.  I run my cron
job on a local host (different than the hosts that I put the certs on - I
actually put them on my router, my personal VPN server, an access
management tool that manages external-facing websites for me, and the
system that links to the access management tool to provide the login
capabilities, since it uses TLS for that connection as well).

Jim