POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New Web Site : Re: New Web Site Server Time
10 May 2024 16:44:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Web Site
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 8 Mar 2019 17:51:05
Message: <5c82f1d9$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 08 Mar 2019 16:21:50 -0500, Mike Horvath wrote:

> I may do that. I just got an email from my web host. They want an extra
> $29.99 per year for an SSL certificate.

Yeah, I looked at the costs and the traffic I generate to my sites, and
decided it wasn't worth it - but I have an authentication system on my
sites, and don't want username/password info sent in the clear.  LE is a
perfect fit for it.

And the system I use is completely scriptable, so I just have a cron job
that will run every 90 days to update the certificates automatically (but
troubleshooting it has been a pain - since I test with live certificates,
I generally only test when I need to update the certs).

The cool thing is they added wildcard certs, so now it's just a single
wildcard cert for everything.

DNS through AWS costs me $11/year plus about $0.50 per month or something
in that ballpark.  It's weird to have a payment on that credit card (only
thing I use it for) of < $1 per month. :)

Jim