POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : New Web Site : Re: New Web Site Server Time
27 Apr 2024 16:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Web Site
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Feb 2019 13:53:09
Message: <5c704515$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 21 Feb 2019 18:05:29 -0500, Leroy wrote:

> Thanks for all the replies!
>
> I found a real quick fix drop the S from the https in the address
>  https://leroyw.byethost15.com/
>
> My server gave me the certified address.
> And I have frames and wrote all those sub pages with lots of directories
> to hold stuff.
>  It seem that the certificate doesn't transfer well from the frames.
>
> Well now back to work, Got clean up the site.
>
> Thank again!

Yeah, not using https would work, but your connection won't be encrypted.

It's not a frame issue, though - you'd get a different message if you
were serving up unencrypted data and encrypted data with the connection.

Ultimately, the problem with the certificate is that it's self-signed,
and as such, untrusted.  SSL certificates work because they're issued by
a trusted authority - self-signed certificates are placeholders intended
to be replaced with a 'real' certificate with a valid chain of trust and
encryption keys that are unique (many self-signed certificates are
distributed with the web server, and are not unique or tied to the
external hostname).