POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : Some simple testing needed : Re: Some simple testing needed Server Time
25 Apr 2024 22:43:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some simple testing needed
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 15 Feb 2019 11:36:55
Message: <5c66eaa7$1@news.povray.org>
Le 13/02/2019 à 20:53, clipka a écrit :
> But as I presume this is using the Windows scheduler, I expect that
> genuine Linux systems may behave differently, and I'm also interested in
> other platforms (Mac, maybe BSD if some of you folks are using that, or
> actually any system you can get your hands on.)
>
> I have also reason to believe that results may differ between compilers.
> Using g++ 5.4.0 here.

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Release:	18.10
Codename:	cosmic

====

For gcc:

$ time ./a.out
Done.

real	0m1,096s
user	0m0,000s
sys	0m0,015s

$ g++ --version
g++ (Ubuntu 8.2.0-7ubuntu1) 8.2.0

====

For icpc:

$ time ./a.out
Done.

real	0m1,094s
user	0m0,000s
sys	0m0,015s

$ icpc --version
icpc (ICC) 19.0.1.144 20181018
Copyright (C) 1985-2018 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

====

For clang:

$ time ./a.out
Done.

real	0m1,094s
user	0m0,015s
sys	0m0,000s

$ clang++ --version
clang version 7.0.0-3 (tags/RELEASE_700/final)
Target: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /usr/bin