POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9861167 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9861167 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 22:54:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9861167
From: clipka
Date: 23 Oct 2018 12:14:05
Message: <5bcf48cd$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.10.2018 um 08:40 schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> On 22-10-2018 23:33, clipka wrote:
>> It doesn't matter whether you use `#declare` or not; what really matters
>> is whether there are actually rays shot at the isosurface during the
>> render.
>>
>> So a `#declare`d isosurface that is never actually inserted into the
>> scene will never get a warning.
>>

> @ clipka and Bill:
>
> I am probably totally misunderstanding something, but I attach here a
> simple scene of the Kluchikov Ring with a on/off switch between a
> 'declared' and a 'non-declared' isosurface. The 'non-declared' one shows
> a max_gradient warning at the end of the render; the 'declared' one does
> not.

You are aware that the two isosurfaces are not identical? They differ in
the max_gradient setting.

Not that it would make any difference though - I do get a warning for
both of them.

Did you double-check that you're really seeing what you think you're seeing?

What version of POV-Ray are we talking about?