POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : factors for rgb2grey conversion : factors for rgb2grey conversion Server Time
28 Jul 2024 06:21:49 EDT (-0400)
  factors for rgb2grey conversion
From: ABX
Date: 10 Oct 2002 13:08:04
Message: <5bcbqu4k6jmj2r9ed1ljj8jrm6962jjp3t@4ax.com>
Would you like to give me values for 'correct/best' conversion from rgb to
grey value without looking into POV sources ? I have found at least 3
different versions of this conversion in POV sources and searching Internet I
found even different. I have connected in PoPOV all occurences of such
conversion into one define. Not convertable cases I have connected with unique
constants. Now I'm not sure they use correct values...

ABX