POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Default values in v3.8.0 : Re: Default values in v3.8.0 Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:54:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Default values in v3.8.0
From: clipka
Date: 30 Sep 2018 20:55:00
Message: <5bb17064$1@news.povray.org>
Am 01.10.2018 um 02:45 schrieb clipka:

> The text currently reads "When #version is set as either the VERY first
> statement of the scene file or via command-line option and the version
> is 3.8 or greater ..."

(Just for the records, The wording /can/ be interpreted to be correct:
If you don't specify `#version` as the VERY first statement with SOME
value, you can't set it to 3.8 later, and thus can't switch to the new
defaults. And the new defaults are enabled if the version is 3.8 or
greater at SOME particular point. But I guess that's not how most people
would understand it.)