POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Image on Cover Page! : Re: POV-Ray Image on Cover Page! Server Time
2 Jun 2024 04:45:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Image on Cover Page!
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Sep 2018 02:49:46
Message: <5ba1f18a$1@news.povray.org>
On 18-9-2018 20:56, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> I am going to post that image here at the POV-Ray newsgroups (Image
> section), as soon as the book has been published! Promised!
>
> The name of the first publication that will use this image (there are
> several publications, in fact), is the German
>
> Mitteilungen der Naturforschenden Gesellschaft Mecklenburg
> 18. Jahrgang Nr. 1 / September 2018
> ISSN 1610-0034
>
> ("Messages of the Nature-Researching Community of Mecklenburg")
>
> and will be coming out within the next few days!
>
> There will be a publication on www.ResearchGate.com, and there will also
> be a scientific book.

Thanks for the info. Interesting to note that there is still room for
native language scientific publications, without being swept away by
English :-)  They are of local interest (by necessity and geography)
and/or catering to the amateur scientists (like the Dutch Amateur
Geologists publications that I know) but still, it is good they continue
to exist.

I sampled a couple of the publications (about geology of course) and
they are of good (scientific) quality, comparable to what I know of the
Dutch publications.

--
Thomas