POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : hurricane woes : Re: hurricane woes Server Time
18 May 2024 00:56:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: hurricane woes
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 15 Sep 2018 20:51:05
Message: <5b9da8f9$1@news.povray.org>
On 2018-09-10 02:32 PM (-4), Kenneth wrote:
> So... Hurricane Florence is bearing down on the east coast of the US (I live in
> the state of Virginia, right on the coast-- and near the bull's eye of
> landfall.)
>
> Hey, Mother Nature, this won't do!! I'm feverishly working on some POV-Ray code,
> and must not be interrupted! Take your hurricane elsewhere...

Hey, when Hurricane Irma bore down on the Virgin Islands (185 mph
winds), I decided that I wasn't going to be the old man yelling at
clouds.  I figured my GemCuts project could wait, and focused on
backups.  GemCuts would have been toast anyway if my house had blown
away and I didn't have my data in the cloud.  (Irma developed so quickly
I didn't have time to open a safe deposit box for my backup disk.)