POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Security issue of news.povray.org : Security issue of news.povray.org Server Time
9 May 2024 16:46:29 EDT (-0400)
  Security issue of news.povray.org
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Sep 2018 02:47:30
Message: <5b961382@news.povray.org>
I usually use Thunderbird to read and write messages. Crashing of
Thunderbird while loading a too heavy image made me go and log in to the
site directly as I wanted to reply. The warning I got was that the
connection to news.povray.org was not secure, which made me hesitate to
go on.

I wonder if this should not be corrected in view of the state of the
(internet) world nowadays. Lack of the basic site protections feels
wrong (and threatening) and particularly outdated.

What do you think?

--
Thomas