POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560 Server Time
15 May 2024 07:37:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560
From: clipka
Date: 2 Sep 2018 12:41:40
Message: <5b8c12c4$1@news.povray.org>
Am 02.09.2018 um 17:03 schrieb Kenneth:

>> I've just taken a few minutes to dig a bit deeper, and it seems that
>> binaries can be used in three different modes:
>>
>> There is one very big caveat to this however: This will totally screw up
>> any subsequent proper installation of the dropped-in version (or any
>> other version of same generation and beta status...
>
> To be safe, I'll re-install a clean v3.7.0 (and discard the offending beta4.) I
> can only hope that I haven't screwed up my registry in some way.

Just for the records: It's the v3.7-beta installation you've screwed up,
not the v3.7 proper installation. There /may/ have been interference
from the beta, but I doubt it.

And re-installing v3.7 proper won't clean up the v3.7-beta detritus. So
should you ever again install a v3.7-beta, even if you use the proper
installer, and even if you now un-install and re-install v3.7.0, that
beta will /again/ interfere with the v3.7.0.

A proper install of the /beta/, followed by an uninstall of it, should
be the way to clean up this issue.

Or run "regedit" and throw out `HKCU\Software\POV-Ray\v3.7-beta` and/or
`HKLM/Software/POV-Ray/v3.7-beta`.