POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:38:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560
From: dick balaska
Date: 31 Aug 2018 17:34:27
Message: <5b89b463$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/31/2018 04:05 PM, Kenneth wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>

>> Good news: Adding -cc to the command line DOES work-- the scene now renders!
>> Thanks for that hint.
>>

> Well, things are still not quite right: I neglected to notice that, even though
> the scene does now render to the preview window, there's no image saved:
>
> "cannot write PNG data" (fatal error after the preview)
>
> I re-checked my POVRAY.INI file to make sure it has the correct library path for
> image output; it's still correctly set to...
>
> Output_File_Name="C:/Users/Computer/Documents/Kens POV-Ray rendered IMAGES/"

Is that the directory that the SDL source is in? Just wondering. The
default is to write to the same directory, so maybe ...

It would be helpful if the error message included the path that POV-Ray
is trying to write to.

Try copying your source file to that directory.  Then render it. If that
works, then we know it's a config problem elsewhere.
--
dik
Rendered 1024 of 921600 pixels (0%)