POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : new speed : Re: new speed Server Time
21 May 2024 21:58:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: new speed
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 23 Aug 2018 13:18:47
Message: <5b7eec77$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/23/2018 6:07 AM, dick balaska wrote:
> Pretty weird. This is the box I bought, the link is from my history.
> But, I did *not* pay $800 with monitor.  I would have gone for a lesser
> machine.
>
> Technically, the machine is for the 6 year old to play minecraft. :)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-desktop-intel-core-i5-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black-with-silver-trim/6228201.p?skuId=6228201

This one is slightly cheaper:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-pavilion-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-series-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-ash-silver/6221040.p?skuId=6221040

It has 4 cores/8 threads, so it might be better for POV-Ray.

Also the APU in the new AMD PCs are supposed to be good. However, I
haven't yet found a way to directly compare this APU with my old GeForce
GTX 750 TI. If the APU is better then I might buy this PC.

Mike