POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Keyboards & games : Re: Keyboards & games Server Time
9 May 2024 05:29:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Keyboards & games
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 22 Jul 2018 10:54:19
Message: <5b549a9b$1@news.povray.org>
On 7/22/2018 10:44 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 22.07.2018 um 10:40 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>> On 7/21/2018 6:02 AM, clipka wrote:
>>> The problem with games is that some deal with key codes, while others
>>> deal with characters.
>>
>> I originally planned Dvorak layouts too, but I couldn't figure out if
>> the codes stay the same or not.
>
> Dvorak just changes the characters. The key codes remain unchanged.

And I wonder how that affects games. For instance one control method for
many games is to use the W,A,S,D keys for movement. What happens on a
Dvorak keyboard? And what if the same game uses the I key for
"inventory" and C key for "character sheet"? Do they get switched around
or not?

There is no way to predict this for every game, and I have never seen
game documentation including Dvorak keyboards.

Mike