POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Keyboards & games : Re: Keyboards & games Server Time
9 May 2024 02:18:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Keyboards & games
From: dick balaska
Date: 21 Jul 2018 01:51:46
Message: <5b52c9f2$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/20/2018 11:18 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:

> I will add XPilot soon if you'd like. But do note that what you linked
> to is for German keyboards only!
>

> Mike

Only is a strong word.  I don't know what keys are where on a German
keyboard [1] but those commands are exactly in the right place for my US
keyboard.  My guess is, at the raw key level, all western keyboards send
the same keys and then at a higher level 'y' gets swapped with 'z';
which is why software has to ask you what you have instead of it just
knowing.

[1] In Zürich I ran into a Swiss German keyboard. I know the y and z
keys are swapped because both of those were in my (non-echoed) password.

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)