POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 20th anniversary coming up. : Re: 20th anniversary coming up. Server Time
10 May 2024 09:06:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 20th anniversary coming up.
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Jul 2018 11:13:59
Message: <5b4b64b7$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/07/2018 05:05, Lutz wrote:

>>> And I shall miss your humour too.
>>
>> I subscribe to that.
>
> Hey Stephen,
>
> It still amazes me that I recognize so many of the names here after 20 years of
> dabbling in graphics 😁

Not as may as there used to be, I bet.
And good to hear from you again.

> I have been helping out since a couple months behind the scenes to get Moray
> ready for a public release (at least technically). I do hope that Moray will
> eventually be revived after I stopped working on it and passed it to the
> POV-Team.

You are a tease. ;-)
I have been working in IT since '69 and the thing I dislike most about
it is the "Don't tell the users anything and they should be grateful for
what we are willing to give them even if it is not what they really
want", attitude.
If I had known that there was work on it going on behind the scenes I
would not have been so hasty coming to my decision. If you can call more
than 10 years hasty.
Now I am in a state of superposition.

> I still have been making smaller changes to it since I actually still
> use it for modeling my 3D prints.

Any need for an experienced tester? :-)

> Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for your support and fun over the years.

No, thank you for allowing me and many others to use PovRay over the
years. And the fun comes as part of the package whether wanted or not. ;-)

--

Regards
     Stephen