POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Replaced animation with lower res. : Re: Replaced animation with lower res. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:37:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Replaced animation with lower res.
From: Stephen
Date: 10 Jul 2018 10:03:24
Message: <5b44bcac$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/07/2018 13:56, Chuck wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
>> On 09/07/2018 02:45, Chuck wrote:
>>>    I like blender but
>>> don't know python at all and I believe that would be necessary to do the same
>>> sort of animation. Could be lack of knowledge talking here.
>>

>> You don't need to use Python to create a video using Blender. I can't
>> and do. :)
>> Blender will create your avi or mpg4 from a series of images. It comes
>> with a set of default settings for various outputs and you can manually
>> adjust them.
>> I have been following this thread as I am not too sure what all the
>> settings do and their effects.
>>

>> The lowest fps I use is 25 fps but generally use 30 fps. Occasionally 60
>> fps for very smooth animations.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards
>>       Stephen
>
> I wasn't very clear about python. The glass funnel animation at:
> www.elevenmilephotography.com, gallery: private, PW: povray was created with
> Blender's physics model. I assumed (?) that an animation like "Duet" (over 2,000
> objects each moving every frame) would require the use of custom python files in
> one form or another. I sincerely hope that this assumption is wrong.
>
> Chuck

No, you do not need python or I would not be able to use it.
In March I posted an animation in povray.binaries.animations called In
the Meantime a diversion. Using Blender's Internal renderer. (The PovRay
exporter cannot handle it.)

I upped the number of boids to 3000 in this animation although there are
only 2 boids the rest are copied versions.
https://youtu.be/emAuf6o2hzM

Very rough and ready, I am afraid.

--

Regards