POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Jupiter photos : Re: Jupiter photos Server Time
20 May 2024 11:44:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Jupiter photos
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Jul 2018 06:59:27
Message: <5b43400f@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C4b06352d%241%40news.povray.org%3E/

>>> ...but Jupiter isn't procedural in this image, but textured with a
>>> high-resolution image map! Or is it in fact?
>>>
>>> See you in Khyberspace!
>>>
>>> Yadgar
>>
>> Ah. Good point indeed. Image_map most certainly. I don't want to think
>> about the procedural hell involved. :-)
>>

> Have a look at this page. It uses noise generated by a GPU but the
> technique might be adapted for PovRay.

https://www.seedofandromeda.com/blogs/49-procedural-gas-giant-rendering-with-gpu-noise

Yeah! That is wonderful! It should not be too difficult to do after all,
and we could probable even do better than this.

Thanks Stephen! Something to file in the ToDo list with an international
query for Round Tuits.

--
Thomas