POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Replaced animation with lower res. : Re: Replaced animation with lower res. Server Time
26 Apr 2024 01:44:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Replaced animation with lower res.
From: dick balaska
Date: 7 Jul 2018 03:22:00
Message: <5b406a18$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/07/2018 12:10 AM, Kenneth wrote:

> How did you find that info? In Firefox, I have an add-on called VideoConverter,
> but the only things it shows are the various 'streaming' bitrates, not the file
> size(s). (And in this case, VC can't download it as a 'file', as far as I can
> tell.)

I downloaded the 640x360 edition.  It is 2.9 MB which seems about right.

> If the 1920 X 1080 video is indeed only 60+ KB in size, that's...
> extraordinary!! (I have my doubts-- but if true, maybe it's because the video
> frames show mostly a pure black background, which is easy to encode.)
>
> In another post, Chuck mentioned that the video was saved as an .avi file; in
> your own data above, the Video Codec seems to be avc1. That would be a
> variant(?) of h.264 I believe (or maybe the same thing?) I wonder if
> avc1-encoded video-- but wrapped in an old-style.avi container-- might be a bad
> mix? Just a conjecture-- I'm thinking about the choppiness.

mediainfo says it was encoded with Lavf57.71.100 which is part of
ffmpeg.  It was likely transcoded when he uploaded it.

[1] On my video page, I scrambled the url just to keep the stupid robots
at bay.

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)