POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpovray and debian : Re: qtpovray and debian Server Time
25 Apr 2024 22:39:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpovray and debian
From: dick balaska
Date: 28 Jun 2018 19:15:11
Message: <5b356bff$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/28/2018 05:50 PM, jr wrote:
> hi,

>> I think I can add the 'view' menu.  Currently, it is Qt magic.
>> Right-click on one of the docking borders. That is, the "Resources"
>> header or the "Consoles" header. It will give you a list of available
>> windows to turn on and off.
>
> I tried switching all except 'main' off, then there seems to be no "docking
> border"s.

Hmm, yes I see. You're kind of screwed, eh?

The toolbar has a grabber on the left side. Try to right-click that, or
someplace on the toolbar that's not a button.

>>> [19:51:01.141] WARN QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 2374,
>>> resource id: 8682978, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0 ((null):0)
>>
>> This one is interesting.  Um, what it means is um ...
>> I would guess maybe it's trying to draw to one of the windows you closed
>> (although Qt should be filtering that).
>
> I wonder then whether it's one of the small "ok" type dialogs on starting (w/out
> existing .pws files).

Since this is something between Qt and X11, it would be helpful to know
when this error^H^H warning occurred.  My X log just has a ton of
"monitor on, monitor off".

> soon you'll be pulling your hair out because I'll be nitpicking and flood you
> with "feature requests".  :-)
>
> speaking of which, the name of the current workspace (file) would be good to
> have in the titlebar, or somewhere prominent.
>
> (see, it's already started..  :-))

I guess I should open the github bug thingy.

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)