POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : qtpovray and debian : Re: qtpovray and debian Server Time
26 Apr 2024 03:06:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpovray and debian
From: dick balaska
Date: 25 Jun 2018 04:51:20
Message: <5b30ad08$1@news.povray.org>
I am working on two packages
qtpovray-3.80.0
qtpovray-includes-3.80.0

1) qtpovray-includes contains include  and Insert Menu. It should
probably contain the help too.
I am torn between just the one "architecture independent" package which
contains everything, or should I split that up into multiple packages.
Or, stay with one package and call it qtpovray-extra

2) I'm not happy with the version number (3.80.0) because I have
/usr/share/povray-3.7
and
/usr/share/qtpovray-3.80

I get it, but I don't like the way it implies qtpovray is 73 minors
beyond povray.  Is is more, or less, confusing to have qtpovray-3.80.0
reference /usr/share/qtpovray-3.8 ?

3) I want to release a shell version of qtpovray, comparable to original
flavor povray, but povray 3.8-beta and built with qmake.  I need this
for my renderfarm. But, what to call it?  I'm leaning towards qtpovrayc.

--
dik
Rendered 328976 of 330000 (99%)