POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Re-Writing the BRICKS Pattern : Re: Re-Writing the BRICKS Pattern Server Time
24 Apr 2024 05:44:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Re-Writing the BRICKS Pattern
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 4 Apr 2018 09:21:20
Message: <5ac4d150$1@news.povray.org>
On 04/04/2018 08:28 AM, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> texture
> {
>   brick // this pattern is just ideal for planks
>   MyWoodTexture
>   MyTarInbetweenTexture
>   brick_size < 5.00, 0.02, 0.40 > // that equals now to plank size
>   mortar 0.01 scale 3.0 // thickness of the material between planks
>
> }

Pretty sure if you add texture block wrappers around your predefined
textures what you wrote today will work. As in:

texture
{
   brick
   texture { MyWoodTexture }
   texture { MyTarInbetweenTexture }
   brick_size < 5.00, 0.02, 0.40 >
   mortar 0.01 scale 3.0
}

Block pattern texture lists need the texture block indicators. There are
too pavement and tiling patterns. As for your second idea I believe
macros is the only way today.

Bill P.