POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Processor affinity? : Re: Processor affinity? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:35:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Processor affinity?
From: Stephen
Date: 6 Mar 2018 04:57:44
Message: <5a9e6618$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/03/2018 09:18, clipka wrote:
> Am 06.03.2018 um 05:22 schrieb Stephen:
>> On 05/03/2018 20:48, Alain wrote:
>>> You also can set it in povray.ini.
>>
>> Maybe it was not obvious just quoting the ini command, Render_Block_Size.
>>
>> The reason I use the command line. Is that by using a modeller. The ini
>> file is hard coded. So that is an extra step in running the render.
>
> The "master" INI file `povray.ini` is always loaded, even if the scene
> comes with its own INI file.

Not a PovRay problem but IIRC Moray and Bishop3D creates and export the
file.ini using the settings in the workspace. Unfortunately neither of
them have settings for the modern features of PovRay. Which is why I use
a workaround.
Blender is better and allows you to put entries in the command line. But
it is not mature enough for me to use it as my only modeller, yet.

BTW how is the development of the new version of Moray coming along?

--

Regards
     Stephen