POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : English accent? : Re: English accent? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 20:40:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: English accent?
From: Stephen
Date: 3 Mar 2018 07:31:56
Message: <5a9a95bc$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/03/2018 11:57, Thomas de Groot wrote:

>> I thought that you were trying to speek "young". ;-)
>
> I am past that stage, I must confess ;-)

You are not the only one. :-)

>>> It probably just means "standard" British... Whatever that means of
>>> course.
>>
>> More than likely. The fact that the BBC were based in West London.
>> Might have something to do with it.
>>

> That seems a good explanation indeed.

I've lived in West London for 35 years and that is the only thing I can
think of. There isn't a distinctive accent that I've noticed.
The link below doesn't have anything to do with London accents. But it
does give a smattering of the accents here on the British Isles.*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDdRHWHzwR4

*
She mentions Ireland so it is not the UK. And she is not 100% correct in
all she says.

--

Regards
     Stephen