POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Large image sizes? : Re: Large image sizes? Server Time
24 May 2024 09:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Large image sizes?
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 9 Feb 2018 21:31:36
Message: <5a7e5988@news.povray.org>
On 2/9/2018 6:44 AM, clipka wrote:
> Am 09.02.2018 um 01:59 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>> Can I upload large images to the POV-Ray newsgroup? I created one that
>> is more than 25MB that I would like to upload.
>
> Please don't, and rather store it on some website and link there. Or try
> JPEG with a high compression (low quality) setting to crank down on the
> file size.
>
> Overly large attachments make posts a pain to view in newsreaders like
> Thunderbird, and presumably also the web interface.

Okay, I won't. But Thunderbird is less of a PITA than Flickr when it
comes to images larger than your monitor. In Thunderbird you just click
on the attachment link and open it with whatever program is associated
with the image type. (I use the excellent XnView.) On Flickr you have to
be aware of the download menu, then select the file you want to
download, then save the file to disk and open it manually.

Mike